It is a good time of year. The sun is shining, everyone enjoys it and the summer events start coming at us thick and fast. With a lot to look forward to over the next few months, we want to draw your attention to what is happening this week.
As a busy Staines chiropractor and avid gardeners we are excited that this week coincides with the RHS Chelsea Garden Show. It is an excellent event that really inspires a lot of people to get into their garden and put some work into it.
The British summertime sees loads of us every year getting out in to our gardens and getting busy. Whether we’re growing food or displaying pretty flowers we sure do love getting outside, enjoying the fresh air and working the body. It’s fantastic but as great as it all is, we feel it is our duty as a leading Staines Chiropractor to urge a tiny bit of caution.
We get a lot of people coming through our doors and as a busy Staines chiropractic clinic and we see a lot of gardening related injuries.
Leading Staines Chiropractor warns against poor posture whilst gardening and how to avoid injury
We know that poor posture whilst gardening can see you suffering quite badly with pain. Luckily we are keen to offer you some simple advice;
- Firstly it is very important to ensure that you’re wearing appropriate clothing. Make sure that it is not too tight or restrictive and that you’re wearing supportive footwear.
- Before starting loosen you up a bit and do some stretches.
- Start with lighter activities first before moving on to bigger and heavier workloads.
- When pruning bushes and trees you need to get as close as possible to the job and avoid being too far away and over stretching.
- When doing heavy lifting, remember to bend your knees and keep your back straight
- Kneel or squat instead of bending when working on the floor
- Don’t lift anything too heavy on your own and if there are a lot of heavy things to shift, it might be worthwhile investing in a garden trolley
- Take regular breaks and drink plenty of water to keep your body healthy and active.
If you want further advice on how best to avoid injury when you’re gardening this summer of if you require treatment for any back pains, please get in touch and we’ll be happy to help.
Trust Our Experience ...
From the team at Pure Chiropractic Clinic
Serving the community of Staines including
Chertsey, Egham, Sunbury & Ashford Middlesex